Wednesday 16 February 2011

NOTD- Avon Pink Quartz

I have recently noticed that most of my nail polish collection consists of dark, wintry colours, and that there is a distinct lack of pastel shimmery shades. As I gave my mum my word that I won't buy anymore nail polish anytime soon (at least not until I use up some of the old stash) I had to wait until my free gift from Avon arrives. The "pamper pack" as its called in the brochure, contained a hand cream, a shower gel and a nail polish in "Pink Quartz". I couldnt wait to slap some of it on my nails:
As you can see from the picture, the formula is a bit sheer (this is after 3 coats) and not suitable for anyone with less-than-perfect nails (like mine). Due to the cold, my hands didnt differ much from the colour of the polish, whether on nails or in the bottle, but in real life the polish is a bit darker (only a little bit). Application was streaky at first coat, but is better on subsequent coats. Drying time is slow, and it smudges readily, so that is a bit of a letdown, especially combined with the sheerness of the polish. Overall, I'd give it 7/10, and thats mostly due to a nice colour and fine shimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment