Friday 18 February 2011

Purple and Gold EOTD

This is my take at purple and gold make up for everyday. I was fairly pleased with the result, seeing as its my first attempt at detailed eyeshadow/eyeliner application- I usually just line with eyeliner and sweep some powder eyeshadow on op of my lids, without much shading or highlighting, or blending. I have used products from my recent Avon order, so all products are Avon.


Avon Colourshock Electric Purple Quad. A limited edition shade from last summer- discontinued now, but I picked it in a sale flyer. I really hope they bring it back though, I am so in love with it! I was dissappointed with the first Avon eyeshadow quad I picked (Tiger's Eye, again, form a limited edition that was discontinued, but still sold) Not only the shades printed in the brochure were entirely different from the one in the actual quad, the texture of all but one shadows was dusty and chalky. The only colour I used was a lovely shimmery copper-gold, and I used it almost everyday along with other colours.
So imagine my delight at finding the same lovely gold shade in Electric Purple, along with three other shades- light green, light purple, and nude:
The gold and purple shades (top) are the one I used for today's look. The light green shade is barely visible, as is nude, but they have a lovely texture and feel- smooth and silky. I'd use the bottom two for base and highlighting, I guess. The sponge applicator I actually used and found to be adequate- I usually throw them out and use a brush, but this time I am a bit impressed.

Lovely big mirror, all Avon Quads have a good sized mirror (which reflects my hand and iPhone, trying to take a picture :p) in and a solid packaging- acoording to other bloggers very similar to Chanel.  The name Electric Purple is a bit misleading- the colours are soft and mmuted, rather than electric, but still lovely.
Swatches:
From top to bottom: Nude, Light Green, Purple, Gold. Although I guess the colours speak for themselves
I also used Avon Arabian Glow eyeliners in Gold Frost (outer corners of the eyes) and Deep Purple (lined top and bottom lids). Forgot to take a picture of swatches, sorry :( Mascara I used is Avon Supershock- its a bit dry and clumps slightly, but I like the impact it gives /flutter.
On my face I am wearing  Bare Escentuals foundation in medium and Mineral Veil. Cheeks- Avon True Colour Blush in Russet. Its a subtle blush:, swatch below:

So, what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment